Mann Wireless has an immediate need for a direct hire (full benefits) RF Field Wireless Solutions Technician based out of our Largo, Florida (Clearwater/St. Pete area) office. This is a “road warrior” position. Travel will be Monday-Friday (home on weekends).
The RF Wireless Solutions Technician will be responsible for tasks/assignments with respect to the installation of distributed antenna systems (in-buildings) including installation of connectors, cabling, antennas, wire management, grounding and bonding systems, etc. May lead a crew.
Small, family business with fantastic culture and excellent benefits!
- Assisting in inventorying project materials, loading/unloading, and installation of DAS equipment.
- Install various sizes and types of coaxial, fiber optic, and power cable.
- Terminate coaxial and power cable with various types of connectors and preparation tools.
- Install various types of DAS active and passive components such as remotes, splitters, couplers, splice enclosures, grounding and bonding kits, etc.
- Assist other technicians and/or engineers with DAS troubleshooting efforts.
- Adhering to company standards and operating procedures.
- Complying with federal, state, customer and company safety requirements.
- Complete project related documentation, timesheets and expenses in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively on daily basis with the Project Manager, technicians and customers.
- Attend regular meetings with team members to promote onsite efficiencies.
- Ensure that all company and team emails are read and responded to in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to think critically and make logical decisions in the field.
- Communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and execute tasks with minimal hands-on supervision.
- Must speak fluent English and possess unrestricted work authorization for the US (visa sponsorship is not available).
- Experience using basic hand tools
- 3+ years of similar work experience in a related industry (computer, phone, wifi cabling, electrician- other trade related experience will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Related 2 year or technical degree (Electrical Engineering or Computer Technology)
- Experience leading teams and coordinating projects
- Proven Distributed Antenna System (DAS) knowledge and experience
- RF knowledge and hands-on experience
- A considerate amount of time is spent climbing (ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, stairs, etc.), stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- The majority of work time is spent standing, walking, pulling, and reaching.
- The ability to lift and carry 80 lbs. is required.
- When not in the office the position will encounter various work environments in the field including but not limited to office space, warehouse, power plants, manufacturing facilities, new construction environments, hotels, airports, and agencies.
- Overnight travel is required Monday- Friday every week.
Candidates must be able to pass a Background, Drug Test, Physical and DMV screening prior to starting employment (post offer and acceptance). Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses, be insured and the ability to travel 100% of the week, every week, Monday- Friday.
Excellent benefits and great company culture! Learn more at www.mannwireless.com
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mann Wireless Ltd., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mann Wireless, Ltd. provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law.